A significant dimension to building sustainable communities is the process of engaging the entire community. Sustainability initiatives create a local context engaging the public, spurring local knowledge, and promoting a sense of community.
• Maintain Quality of Life—Building a Culture of Health & Vibrant Communities
• Enhance Local Economic Vitality—Think Regional, Support Local Economies.
• Promote Social & Intergenerational Equity
Sustainability Initiatives to Build a Vibrant and Safe Community
1) Sustainability encompasses an integrated set of community wellbeing, economic and environmental principles working together to build save, and vibrate community.
2) Sustainability initiatives create a local context that engages the public, spurs local knowledge, and creates a sense of community.